Monday 29 October 2012

Mini Superdrug Haul

Share it Please
Today I once again returned to the JOYOUS place that is Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre...okay slight exaggeration there. There isn't  too much there, but the M&S is huge and there is a Superdrug next door which has so many make up stands, it would make any cosmetics fan spin!

I was at Hempstead for a recruitment evening at Argos, so thought it would be an ideal time to pick up a few bits. I should add that finances are very low, but two of the items I was in desperate need of! The other two...well we'll have to skip that...EVERYODY HAS WEAK MOMENTS!!! 

Firstly, mascara. I am a die hard No. 7 mascara fan. It has been a long time since I bought anything other than that...it must have been Maybelline Great Lash Mascara around 7 years ago. Proof that I clearly do not change my mascara often enough and that I need to try other things. So I decided that I HAD to have a plastic brush as they give a nice effect. Although I wanted to save money (No.7 mascaras are £11.00) I just was not brave enough to spend £3.00 on a mascara that has big bristles and looks cheap too. I really want to try Volume Million Lashes after hearing rave reviews from Miss Budget Beauty, for £11.00 I could just return to Boots and get what I know.

I ended up settling on Barry M Lash Modelling mascara in Black. The tube is so cute and the brush is an interesting shape. For £6.19 I figured that it would  be a fair price to try something new...for £5.00 less than No.7, I'm willing to try.




Next is a Detoxifying Dead Sea Mineral Mask. This wasn't on my list but for 99p I was prepared to try it. My skin needs a break sometimes!

Another thing which wasn't on my need list was this beauty. The MUA Undressed Palette  I have read and watched so many comparisons regarding the Undressed Palette and the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I figured that it was time that I purchased some eye shadows that are slightly more serious than my usual ones! (Normally I wear khaki, purple, gold, smoky greys and smoky blues. Nothing more natural looking!) Once again, Miss Budget Beauty swayed it for me and I just had to have it! It was also reduced to £3.00 this week, so it just slipped into the basket. Whoops...?!


I also bought some other bits that I don't really have to go into on here! 

Only a mini haul for today, hopefully I will be employed soon and will be able to get more goodies. What about anyone else out there? Bought any goodies recently?




We'll be kings forever, oh oh oh,Holding on together, oh oh oh,Feeling so much better oh oh oh,When everything was wrong and everything was goneWe ran to Avalon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, I try to reply to them all!
Oh, and please follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Instagram! I usually end up following back! ;)

Followers

Blogroll

Follow The Author